With no work on Monday due to the Family Day long weekend I thought I'd spend some time cleaning out my storage space and shelves in my computer room (a.k.a. reorganizing all my old binders and books. Everything's just started to pile over the years & I really don't have the heart to throw anything out) Honestly I still have notes from first year university lying around and probably even activity sheets from elementary school somewhere.
I dug up a few things I haven't been able to find in a really long time... about 5-6 years since I've last seen these files. It's a folder of music I composed when I was in high school at 15 years old just for fun: lyrics to songs I never really fully put together, manuscripts etc. Also I found an email written by an older friend of mine (female rapper back in high school and she was amazing!). I used to perform pop/contemporary stuff at assemblies, school concerts, talent shows. Since Grade 9 I had signed up for every performance opportunity available & I sang a lot of Christina Aguilera (she was my idol) Anyway my friend was also a rap lyricist and we did a duet together where she rapped verses and I (being her "guest" performer) sang the chorus.... similar to what the pros do lol Wonder where she is now?
Side story: another memorable act was for a Grade 11 assembly where 5 of my friends (who were dancers) choreographed a routine to Aguilera's "Come On Over" and it turned out pretty awesome. The little music "break" in the middle of the song really showcased their talent and to this day I am still happy to have shared that entire performance experience with them (although I mostly had to sing and wasn't really involved with the dancing part of it I did "join in" for a few moves at certain moments in the song that "fit"). Unfortunately none of this had been recorded (not to my knowledge anyway) so it's only a part of my memory now.
I also found an old science project from Grade 10. We had a really cool science teacher at the time and he was so hilarious. He came up with the idea of getting us together in groups of 3-4 people and writing a song (or rewriting lyrics to an existing tune) about science or a topic we were learning.
So two girls in my group and I chose to use "Natual" by S Club 7 (who were pretty big at the time especially Brit Pop). We used an instrumental track and for our final presentation we sang the song as "S Club 3" (as in Science Club Three) to our class with our own lyrics and changed the title to "Properties" (instead of Natural). Everything worked out nicely with some harmonizing and we split the lines so we could each take a bit of the melody. So to share with you on this Blog here was our final product:
S Club 3 - "Properties" (sang to Natural)
[Verse 1]
We've got metals that have shiny lustre
It's in the make up of a property (property)
It's not by chance that we make good conductors (conductors)
Believe it people
You know that it's just science's way.
[Chorus]
Got a non-metal
A metal, metalloid
Appearance, state, conductors
Properties that you can't avoid
Different are all three, it's how it's meant to be
Metals, non-metals and metalloids have three
Properties
[Verse 2]
Time for non-metals
They're not shiny at all (shiny at all)
Some are solids, one's liquid (bromine), they're not ductile
It's in the textbook and it's accurately proven
Don't fight it people
'Cause you know that it's just science's way
[Chorus x2]
[Bridge]
Metalloids, we've got last but not least
They're poor conductors, conductors of heat
They can be both shiny or dull
With properties of both non-metals and metals
[Chorus x2]
No comments:
Post a Comment