"Teaching might be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit" - John Steinbeck

Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Only Hope

Songwriters: Switchfoot
Peformed by Mandy Moore


There's a song that's inside of my soul
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again
I'm awake in the infinite cold, but You sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down, and I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours I pray, to be only Yours, I know now You're my only hope.

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again
When it feels like my dreams are so far...

Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again.

So I lay my head back down and I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours I pray, to be only Yours, I know now You're my only hope.

I give You my destiny, I'm giving You all of me
I want Your symphony, singing in all that I am at the top of my lungs

I'm giving it back.

So I lay my head back down and I lift my hands and pray
To be only Yours I pray, to be only Yours I pray, to be only Yours
I know now You're my only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment