"Teaching might be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit" - John Steinbeck

Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lift Me Up

Words & Music by Kate Voegele

This road is anything but simple twisted like a riddle
I've seen high and I've seen low
So loud the voices of all my doubts
Telling me to give up to pack up and leave town
Even so I had to believe impossible means nothing to me.

So can you lift me up, turn the ashes into flames
‘Cause I have overcome more than words will ever say
I've been given hope that there's a light on up the hall
And that a day will come, when the fight is won
And I think that day has just begun.

Somewhere, everybody starts there
I'm counting on a small prayer, lost in a nightmare
But I'm here and suddenly it's so clear
The struggle through the long years, it taught me to outrun my fears
Everything worth having comes with trials worth withstanding.

Can you lift me up, turn the ashes into flames
‘Cause I have overcome more than words will ever say
I've been given hope that there's a light on up the hall
And that a day will come, when the fight is won
And I think that day has just begun.

Down and out is overrated and I need to be elevated
Looking up is not enough, I would rather rise above.

So can you lift me up, turn the ashes into flames
‘Cause I have overcome more than words will ever say
And I've been given hope that there's a light on up the hall
And that a day will come, when the fight is won...
And I think that day has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment