"Teaching might be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit" - John Steinbeck

Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Les Paul

A tribute to jazz and country guitarist Les Paul on what would have been his 96th birthday today (June 9) using the Google Doodle.  My attempt at virtual CHORD-strumming below @ 1:58 p.m. today (it's an original).........



.... And then I read the following article @ 8:15 p.m. later this evening!  Had I known the little tricks involved with playing it I probably would've tried to 'play' something else (WITHOUT the cursor arrow)!  LOL........


So here's another try - a song I figured out on the computer keypad in a few seconds using the letters G, H, J, I, K and O.. lol it was fun.  There's a closing triad at the end:


You could honestly spend HOURS on this.  Each row of letters on the keypad created a one-octave Major scale (for example from A to K).  I promise this is my third and final video!  I might as well have done a song made up of thirds (no sharps or flats).  So... besides The Sound of Music's "Doe A Deer" why not try the Rugrats Theme??  Here it goes:



:(  LOL.  Well there you have it. My sad Google Doodle attempts. Oh well.  It's the thought that counts!  (I think I'll just stick to piano! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment